- (631) 842-6889
Dip molding is a plastic manufacturing process where a heated metal mandrel(mold) is immersed in a tank of molten polymer resin such as plastisol. The plastic is coated/formed around the mold. The hotter the mold and the longer the dip, the thicker the coating. The mold is then extracted from the bath and goes through a curing or cooling process. The part is stripped from the mold after is cured or solidified. Even parts on complicated molds can be stripped relatively easily because the material is quite elastic. The part may need to be dipped more than once to achieve the desired thickness. Examples of dip molded products are surgical gloves, plastic bags, handlebar grips, and so on. Below are what we at Piper Plastics offer:
- Stock Dip Molded Products.
- Intricate & Complex Shapes.
- On-Site Mold making& Tool making Facilities saves you time & money.
- CAD/CAM, SPC/SQC to Custom Specs.
- All Colors, Textures & Durometers.
- FDA / USP / UL Automotive / Approved Materials.
- Thickness from .005" to 1/2"
- Piper operates 19 fully automatic dip molding machines. Click here to know more about about Dip Molding
Our Dip Molded Products Include: