- Dip Coated Parts by Piper
- Dip Coated Tools and Grips
- Dip Coated Military Items
- Dip Coated Plumbing Fittings
Plastsol Dip Coating vs. Dip Molding...
Basically dip molding and dip coating are the same process, however, in in dip coating, our customers supply us with the dipping mandrels, (which are actually the parts they want coated,) and we don't remove the plastisol after the parts cool.
Everything else is the same as dip molding with plastisol, with the following exception:
When Piper dip coats your products, you have the option of asking us to use a pre-processing technique, called priming, which makes the vinyl adhere to you parts, forming an incredible tight bond.
In fact, if you try to remove a plastic coating from a properly primed part, you will actually tear the vinyl itself before it detaches from the metal. Technically, what this means is that the adhesion of the PVC to the metal substrate is GREATER THAN the cohesion of the vinyl itself!
This process is so effective, it's specified by the US military in its A-A-59464, (formerly MIL-P-20689,) plastic coating specification.
- Even without this priming step, a plastisol coating is still an effective method to add functionality, color, texture, safety, electrical insulation, comfort, and beauty to your parts.
Plastisol coatings can be applied to many different products in order to supply them with aesthetic qualities, tactile softness and gripping power. For instance, tools like pliers and screwdrivers are often fitted with plastisol coatings on their handles in order to provide the user with a solid grip instead of sheer metal.
Plastisol coatings are often confused with the similar product, plasti dip.
Plastisol Dip Coating features:
- Corrosion Resistant Plastic
- Chemically resistant to acids, alkalis,
detergents, oils and some solvents
- Protective and Resilient
- All Part Sizes —Small Components to Large
- Finished Product, MIL-P-20689 Available
- USP CLASS VI Approved / FDA
- Thickness from .005" to 1/2"
- All Colors, Textures & Durometers
- Piper operates 19 fully automatic
Plastisol Dipping Machines
Dip Coated Product Examples:
- Tool Handles
- Medical Instruments
- Electrical Connectors
- Plumbing Fittings
- Baby Spoons